Thursday, October 9, 2008

More rivalry talk

More rivalry talk.

Mark Hanks (Head Boys Basketball Coach at Pulaski County, formerly Liberty Minutemen head coach)
Obviously the Salem-Pulaski County games. They have the largest attendance in this part of the state,football more specifically. I was there the night they beat us in overtime when we missed a 20 yd fg and Coach Hicks resigned that night only to come back and win a state championship a few years later.

From my days at Liberty, I really enjoyed coaching against Jim Hawley at JF. He always was light years ahead of me preparation wise and we had the studs to even it up !
that evening.

Paul Smith (Jefferson Forest Head Boys Basketball Coach)
In my short time here I do see that JF and Brookville is a big rivalry for the long time JF people. I can tell on game night that the game has a much different atmosphere. .

No comments: