Thursday, November 25, 2010

From the mind and fingers of The Sports Buffet

Way, way back in October of 2008, I wrote a blog detailing the features that I wanted to air on "The Sports Buffet Podcast". Thinking about it, I still want to do some of those features, but I think I have decided a few other segments that I want to do on the podcast.

* "Four Guys" (if you have a better title, I'm definitely up to listening to all suggestions) but the basis of "Four Guys" would be to talk about issues in sports from just four guys. The guys can be in the sports media, but they don't have to be (some of my better friends are in sports media, so I don't want to exclude the media types) but I want it to be just as much of regular fans in sports as well. We could talk the issues of sports, but also throw in some debatable topics too, such as debating sports lists or things of that sort.

* Also, to show gap between generations, I have thought about doing a weekly/bi-weekly podcast with my dad and I, calling it "Alvis and Alvis" or "Father and Son" or "Old School (me) and Older School (my dad)".

I really have a new hunger to do more podcasts and such, but the main issue is time. Having two kids and a full time job is a lot on my plate, but I love doing the podcasts and talking to people about sports (and other stuff), so we (well I guess "I" am) are back on track with "The Sports Buffet Podcast".

Now, there here is a list of a short term goals for "The Sports Buffet Podcast"
- Get a domain name and a dedicated web site back (if there is anyone that wants to help build this website (with very little compensation in return, since I am currently not making any money on the podcast) I am very open to the idea (I know I have asked this before and had some people who wanted to volunteer, but now I am ready to go with it).

- To a degree, create a high school sports almanac. The info I want to have is old rosters, schedule/results, all-district teams, and things of that sort.

- Find some time to edit and get into the some of the specialized features that I had detailed in my October 08 post. I love editing the segments "Where Are They Now" and "Checking In" and those type segments. I think they are fun and hope you all have enjoyed them in the past.

- Earn some compensation from the podcasts/blogs so I can further the development of "The Sports Buffet" and cover more events and give more teams coverage.

Finally, I want to hear from my listeners. Give me your ideas and suggestions. I want to know what YOU want to hear on the podcast and what YOU want on the blog. Granted, I want to give everyone some attention, but if there are certain things that the listeners of the podcast want to hear, and readers of the blogs want to read about, then I want to cater to those needs.

No comments: